Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Heading to NYC

My friend Amiti has been trying to get me to come to NYC and I am so looking forward to it. I am going to see Anna and the Annadroids: The Clone Zone in the NY International Fringe Festival. I made a couple of videos for the show and I while it is not the first time my video work has been presented it seems more exciting because I am not dancing or choreographing, I am a the video artist. I will be there on Thursday and hoping to tape lots of dances for danceaday around NYC.

In other news I have removed my tongue ring. I put in 10 years ago as a memorial to my mother who was killed in a car accident in 1995. While I still miss her terribly it seems like a good time for me to transition.

I read an article in the washington post yesterday that made me a little freaked out. It was about a 38 year old who was unmarried and has no kids and felt like a ZERO. Oh how I hate reading things like that although not as much as reading damaged sperm in older men articles in the NY Times. The good part was that he made something happen for himself and may make a movie about the people who have the same name as he does. He found them by doing vanity searches on google. I did a dance workshop last year with Rachid Ouramdane using what he called "homonyms" meaning a person with the same name as you. He did a search on the internet and found people with the same name as the people who signed up for the workshop and we worked with their identities. Although there are a few more Boris Willis' in the world there is not much info about them. Anyway 40 is fast approaching and it is so eerie because I am not one of those 40 year old people and yet it is a label I will wear.

No comments: