Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My New Pre-Futurist Obsession

I found this dance clock while visiting the video dance forum. I love it. I know it is connected to a site that sells clothes and that is their main business but four things I really love about it are:
1.The movement is simple enough to learn but changing camera angles and number of dancers keeps it interesting.

2. There are services (the time, performances) being provided.

3. Lots of variety depending on the time of day. On the hour instead of seeing women dance for 5 seconds, you see two men dancing for 30 seconds.

4. The music is fun.

I watch it all the time. I love that they dress simply and do other things besides dance but the dancing is just very nice to see. It is very pre-futurist because it puts dance in the culture. It is not a dancing clock but a clock that shows people dancing on the internet. You can get it for the clock or for the dancing but you are still seeing dance every five seconds and repetition is nice.

http://www.uniqlo.jp/uniqlock/

No comments: