Monday, December 31, 2007

Mom 2

This is the last day of the year and it has been great. I got my MFA, I turned 40, I have lots of great friends near and far who love me. However, I want to be aware of what and who is not here. A friend just lost her dad. It is truly a terrible time to lose someone but life makes no guarantees for perpetual happiness or appropriate times for bad things to happen. This video shows where my mom spent her last moments alive. The site of her accident 12 years ago is a very powerful place for me as it is just down the road from where she worked at a juvenile prison as a teacher. The lone car making a path that she did not have the good fortune to make. Live life to its fullest and don’t wait to act. Don’t sit in the fear of what if; making things happen is much easier.

No comments: