Monday, September 24, 2007

Marcel Marceau

I remember watching Marceau as a child with wide eyes and a big smile. He was a hero of mine who I only got to see perform live once. It was not the greatest performance because two of Marceau's two company members did way too much performing and did not have the skill or the status to keep my attention. When Marceau performed it was brilliant. I saw him on television all the time, The Mike Douglas Show, the Merv Griffin Show and a host of others. At one time I was going to go to Clown School for Ringling Brothers instead of the NC School of the Arts mostly because of Marceau. At Ohio State his picture is on the wall at ACCAD the Advanced Computing Center for the Arts and Design and his movements have been motion captured which is just awesome. The Washington Post obituary on the front page is excellent a single photo of Marceau as his most famous character "Bip" with blank space, his name and the years he was born and died.

No comments: