Friday, September 14, 2007

Waltz lesson 2

Yesterday I had my second waltz lesson at the French Embassy and things were a bit more relaxed as people were more comfortable with the dance and each other. I found it interesting that there were some people I danced with again and some I never came into contact with at all. I was approached more this time and I also felt little apprehension about going up to someone and asking them to dance. I was very aware of touch this time some women did not flex a muscle which made it very difficult to dance with them. There was a softness which made me get closer and closer because I had nothing to push against or guide. There was one woman who looked at me the whole time she was dancing and it was magical. She was such a good dancer and we flowed around the floor, smiling. It was all too brief, a little more than a minute was all the time I had with her. Luckily I was able to dance with her one other time. I did see that it was her ability to dance that made it so much fun because she seemed to be having a wonderful time with everyone she danced with. Thinking too much is the root of all bad dancing.

No comments: