Monday, February 18, 2008

Camera Troubles


It is a challenge to find the time to record new dances every week, edit them and post them daily. However that difficulty is made easier with a working camera, a working computer, a working internet connection and software that also works. The time I can find.

Now my camera is not working. I can see a loose part inside the camera and now the tapes will not load so there is no way to record anything. In my freak out moment, I went to best buy as I did when my hard drive failed a few weeks ago and bought a back up camera for $300.

My nice camera will cost $511 to get fixed so that will take some time. I have to send it off to Sony and they will send it back.

If I open the box and use the camera I know that I will get a less quality image that the one I am used to and the camera is not a quality camera but in some ways it may be better for a web based project although I do have dreams of exhibiting the dances in a gallery someday.

In many ways the videos for this month are easy because I have a very clear goal. Dance in front of black history sites around Washington. I have 75 days to go before I complete a years worth of videos or I could stop now and say enough. What do you think I should do?

3 comments:

mpgough said...

hi boris,

i didn't see this post until today. it would be really great if you managed the year. i know how challenging it is to produce content on a regular basis, but it will be worth it.

75 days is not far to go, given how far you have come. if youstop now, in a week or two you will be full of things to film and wished you had not stopped.

if you have te moeny to spare the backup camera will always come in use, and extra angle perhaps ... or to help others who don't have thier own.

perhaps a dc dance orgainisation can loan you a camera for two days each week?

anyhow, i hope it works out.

best

Unknown said...

Thanks Matt. I have ripped open the new camera box and did some recording today. I won't be able to dance at the sites because I am sick but luckily I have some footage from last week that I will edit into the videos. Thanks for your support.

Anonymous said...

It would be great if you finished the year!

I'm slow on getting to posts these days. Too many dance blogs.