Sunday, May 11, 2008

Moving on


I did not shoot, edit and post a new video everyday. This was not my intention and I never thought that it was possible, which it wasn't. The first month and a half I posted at least two videos a day one at danceaday.com and here. I was able to post a video everyday for a year. Sometimes I had to arrange for someone else to make sure they got posted because I would not be near a computer on a particular day.

It has been a performance that I have done everyday for a year. I have that post performance depression. It is 10pm and I don't have a video to post. I have not done a dance that needs to be edited. I feel some loss but I have many encouraging words from friends that make me smile. David Morneau dedicated his 60 second composition to danceaday. Along the way my HDV camera broke, my 500GB hard drive failed, a quicktime update broke my version of Premiere Pro so that it could not export in any format. Still, my computer stayed intact and my creative spirit remained although there were days that I did not feel like editing a video.

I am moving on to other projects. I am satisfied but feeling a huge empty place in my soul.

No comments: